From curtiss logbook: Company 1283, Camp W-6 Order: William C. Perry, steward, Timothy L. Kelly, first cook. Boys at turkey dinner.
[On March 31, 1933, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed legislation to create the Civilian Conservation Corps, the first of the New Deal agencies. The CCC employed young men and gave them an opportunity to develop new skills and prepare them for future work as the nation emerged from the Great Depression. The young men of Morristown's CCC corp built roads, restored buildings, planted trees, and created trails throughout Jockey Hollow Historical Park, making it the park it is today. The Civilian conservation Corps existed from 1933 to 1942. ]