After a devastating fire, the original Lyceum and Library building was converted into an armory for the Morristown Infantry Battalion. The Morristown Battalion occupied this building in 1917. This photo shows the new eagle, placed over the entrance of the Armory. The building was destroyed in 1920, and only the eagle was undamaged. The eagle was then bequeathed to the Morristown Library to honor those who served in the First World War, where it remains today.